West Long Branch — Betty McElmon Elementary Kindergarten Registration for the 2015-2016 school year will take place this month.
Sessions will be held in the Media Center on Wed., Feb. 18, for children whose last names begin with A to M from 9 to 11:30 a.m., and for children whose last names begin with N to Z from 1-2:30 p.m.
Registration will also be held Thur., Feb. 19, 5-7 p.m. to accommodate working parents.
To be eligible for Kindergarten, a child must be five years old, or will reach his/her fifth birthday on or before October 1, 2015.
Parents are asked not to bring children to the registration. They will be notified about Kindergarten Orientation for the children at a later date.
When registering a child, parents must present three current proofs of residency from:
• Driver’s License
• Property Tax Bill, or Mortgage Statement, if you own
• Current Lease, if you rent
• Utility Bill
The school also requires:
• Original Birth Certificate
• Child’s inoculation record. The inoculation requirements are:
1. D.P.T.: Four original and a booster (one dose administered after the fourth birthday).
2. Polio: Three original and a booster (one dose administered after the fourth birthday).
3. Rubella/Measles/Mumps: First dose of MMR at 12 to 18 months of age. Second dose before admittance to Kindergarten.
4. Mantoux Test for T.B. :Required for children coming from certain countries. Please check with the school office for further information.
5. Hepatitis B Vaccine: Must have three by the first day of school.
6. Varicella Vaccine for Chicken Pox: mandatory unless the child had the disease.
7. Recent Physical Examination mandated by the State of New Jersey.
Further information can be obtained by calling the School Secretary, Caroline Tallarico, at 732-222-6500 x1251, or the School Nurse, Pat Falco, at 732-222-6500 x1223.